In these rainy, gloomy and unbearably cold winters, warm and spicy soups prove to be the best solution to combat the chilling cold. Manchow Soup, in particular is a healthy and delicious way to include some of the best winter-selling vegetables like cabbage, zucchini, beans, spring onions and carrot in an appetising wrapping of spicy and warm soup. It has been the highlight for my family's evening conversations, so much that it almost felt impossible to get the picture clicked for the blog. Soups are best served warm and therefore, to absolutely no one's surprise, the soups would be gone before I could even get a hold of my camera. The solution to that was simple really, I booked the entire Sunday afternoon and warned everyone to not enter the 50 cm radius surrounding the soup and my kitchen. The threats, as can be seen below, worked like a charm.
The inclusion of various vegetables can at times be a task for the person preparing the soup. With a lot of ingredients to chop, the cook would need a lot of time, patience and perhaps a good music playlist. If you have all those essentials ticked down, all that is left is for you to prepare this recipe and enjoy a warm bowl of soup while enjoying the chilly wind of winters, wrapped up in a blanket.
Preparation Time : 20 Min
Cooking Time : 7 to 10 Min
Serves : 2
- Oil 1 Tablespoon
- Garlic chopped 1/2 Tablespoon
- Ginger 1 Teaspoon chopped
- Green Chillies chopped 1 Teaspoon
- Onion 2 Tablespoons chopped
- Onion greens 1 Tablespoon chopped
- Carrot 2 Tablespoon chopped
- Zucchini chopped 2 Tablespoon
- Beans chopped 2 tablespoon
- Cabbage chopped 2 tablespoon
- Salt according to taste
- Black pepper crushed 1 Teaspoon or according to taste
- Soy sauce 1 tablespoon
- 1/2 tablespoon cornflour dissolved in 1 tablespoon of water
- Chilli sauce 1 teaspoon
- Vinegar 1 tablespoon
- Sugar 1 teaspoon
- Fried Noddles for garnishing
- First of all cut and chop all vegetables and keep aside.
- Lets prepare fried Noodles. First, boil your noodles and keep a side. Now add 1 Tablespoon of cornflour, some salt and pepper mix it well. Now deep fry them in small portions and keep it in an air tight box use it as required.
- Let's start making our soup
- In a pan, take a tablespoon of oil, add chopped garlic, ginger and green chillies and saute them
- Now add chopped onions and sauté it but not too much just for a minute on high flame so the crunch remains.
- Now add chopped beans, carrot and zucchini and toss them on high flame for a minute or two
- Now add chopped cabbage to this along with salt, pepper and sugar
- Let's add 2 cups of water to this. Once its start boiling add soy sauce and chilly sauce to this
- Now add cornflour mixture slowly slowly give a 2 to 3 boil and close the gas
- Finish it with vinegar and some spring onion greens
- Now serve this hot with fried noodles and enjoy
Post a Comment