Peach Ice Tea
As a content creator, it tends to get difficult to find inspiration on a regular basis. I felt that the quality of my posts were becoming stagnant and there lacked opportunities for me to grow solely based on the page. I was therefore actively seeking opportunities to explore and learn more, 'Shhh! Cooking Secretly' enters my life at this particular point and proved to be exactly what I was looking for. The group operates in a fun yet organised manner as it lets its members choose a particular theme for every month. Following this decision, the members are paired up in duos as the group encourages a healthy environment of fun and peer learning. To add to the fun element, it was decided that the duo gets to select two secret ingredients that overlap with the theme for their monthly recipe. it also acts as an interesting game for other members as they attempt to guess the ingredients based on the pictures circulated. Finally, these recipes are shared amongst all the members and it helps everyone interact with each other and make the process of creation even more fun.
For this month, we were assigned the theme 'Fear not The bitter'. Suggested by Seema she is the author of a blog titled 'Mildly Indian'. Her blog is full of tempting recipes and my favourite section is her soup and salads.
For this theme I got Mayuri as my partner. She is a darling as this was the first post for me and I was new to this group she guided me like a friend. She has an amazing collection of recipes on her blog 'Mayuri Jikoni'. I would love to try her Italian Sesame seeds cookies. For this specific theme I gave her Coffee as a secret ingredient and even I am am a coffee lover so waiting for her recipe eagerly. She came up with an Italian dessert Affogato it looks amazing and its so simple and just 3 ingredients are needed and 2 optional ingredients. Best part is you can serve then in a small portions if you are a diet conscious.
So for the Theme she decided Green Tea and Sugar to be the secret ingredient that would be used in my recipe. The first idea that came in my mind was to experiment with Japanese Matcha Green Tea as it provides a huge range and variety of dishes that can be experimented with, and so with that in mind I ordered Matcha Green Tea. My luck however had something else planned for me as the order kept getting delayed and was eventually tampered. With mere 15 days left for my deadline, I wracked my brain to come up with an idea that involves green tea, is feasible to make and is something dear to me.
That very moment, I was reminded of my intrigue for the then newly released Lipton Peach Ice Tea powder mix and right there I had the inspiration for this recipe. Peach Ice Tea reminds me of my childhood as Lipton had recently released their powdered mixture and it became a topic of interest across all households. This theme, secret ingredient and recipe therefore helped me make something tangible out of my childhood intrigue. This recipe is therefore my childhood aspirations personified in a drink.Another interesting factor about this recipe is the colour. Usually, Peach Ice Teas are supposed to use overly ripe and red peaches to bring out the gorgeous sunset colour present in most drinks with peaches, my recipe however lacks that rich pigment as I used peaches that were green in colour but full with flavour. The perfect combination of flavour present in the peach made me compromise appearance over taste and I decided to go ahead with a green peach. Despite its dull brown colour the idea tea was the perfect refreshing drink I needed that summer afternoon.
Youtube Link :
Preparation Time : 10 Min
Cooking Time : 10 to 15 min
- Peaches 4 to 5 preferred ripen. Mine is not so ripe so colour is not as expected
- Sugar 2 Table spoon
- Tea bags 2, I used green tea
- Ice cubes
- Water 4 cup
- Try to take nice red colour and ripe peaches, cut them into slices
- In a sauce pan add Sugar, sliced peaches and a cup of water.
- Cook them for 10 to 12 minutes with lid on medium flame. Till the peaches are soft and cooked and water is less then half
- Cool this. Now transfer the ingredients in a mixer and blend it in as puree
- Now transfer this in a jar. If you want your syrup to be with out lumps either blend it nicely or strain it. I like some pieces of peaches in my ice tea so I coarsely grind it.
- Keep this aside
- Take a 2 1/2 cup of water in a pan or a kettle
- Boil the water now add tea bags and switch off the gas.
- Rest the tea bags in pan for 5 minutes
- Once the tea is ready allow it to cool down now add peach puree to this. And keep this mixture in a refrigerator.
- Ice it as required
- Take a glass add ice cubes along with some mint leaves and peach slices
- Now our your tea and peach puree mixture in a glass
- Garnish with mint leaves and enjoy
- You can add sugar according to your taste
- Prefer to use ripe peaches for nice colour and flavour
- You can add lemon juice also if you want
More Summer drink recipes :