Lemon Chilly Baby Corn
The pandemic has impacted our productivity and inspiration to work immensely. I am no stranger to this experience as I took a hiatus for the same reason. Getting back on track has been difficult but it isn't impossible. I joined a group of food bloggers Healthy WELLthy cuisines and relied on them to help me find my lost inspiration. The group decides on a theme, based on which every member has to share a recipe every fortnight. Not only did the idea narrow my horizons and gave me a deadline but also helped me learn from all the other members. This fortnight's theme was monsoon and so I present to you Lemon Chilly Baby Corn.
This recipe was inspired by a restaurant Yellow chilly we visited a long time ago. The dish had a delicious sour and tangy combination and I tried to reticulate that. Monsoon is the weather of love, bickering and mischief. The tangy taste in this dish brings out those elements of monsoon and makes it the perfect companion to rain. So the next time it rains, prepare some Lemon Chilly Baby Corn and a cup of warm tea and enjoy the moment with your family and loved ones.
Preparation Time : 30 Min
Cooking time : 15 Min
YouTube Video :
- Baby corn 400 gm
- Green chillies 8 to 10
- Lemon juice 2 tablespoon
- Corn flour 1 tablespoon
- Maida 1 Tablespoon
- Red chilly powder accoutring to taste
- Dry mango powder 1 teaspoon
- Salt according to taste
- Oil for frying
- Take Baby corns, wash them and blanch them in hot water for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Take green chillies, chop them and make a paste in mixer
- In a bowl take blanched baby corns, add green chilly paste along with 2 tablespoon lemon juice, add chilly powder and dry mango powder. Mix all together and leave this for 15 to 20 minutes. So that baby corns get marinated nicely.
- Now add salt, corn flour and All purpose flour to baby corns.
- In a pan, heat oil, now deep fry corns on medium flame till it is properly cooked and golden brown in colour
- Repeat the step with rest of the baby corns.
- Enjoy with a cup of tea or coffee
Meera, loved your recipe of Lemon Chili Baby Corn so much that I ordered baby corn today. Will make this tomorrow.ReplyDelete
Meera, I used to make these earlier and they would be so crispy and tasty. Now, you reminded to make them soon. Lovely share.ReplyDelete
Lemon Chilly Baby Corn sounds super tempting meera ! I think I too tasted this in some restaurant, your clicks are tempting me to try sometime soon :)ReplyDelete
Lemon chilli baby corn is a perfect monsoon treat Meera. I am in love with your flavourful recipe. Would love to fry this sometime soon.ReplyDelete
I love baby corns in dishes and this sounds and look such an inviting snack ..liked how you have add the green chilli paste.. such a fuss free recipe and spicy and exotic snack treat.ReplyDelete